Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Drupal 6.0 is a beast

Drupal 6.0 was released an hour ago today and Damn !! its a beast ... Drupal 6.0 improves on theming part, allowing you to start with a HTML template of ur choice.There is a new theme developer module to assist you in theming, I have no doubt 7 will bring MVC completely and we can finally get rid of PHP and my colleague (Designer) would stop yelling for me :). Drupal 6 is super funkier with Drag and Drop menu's,book pages and lotsa jQuery.Performance and optimization is noteworthy and interesting to watch for, I am particularly looking forward to Batch API.Action triggers,one click install,security,performance,AJAX are some buzz words which will describe drupal 6.
Oh I am gonna drink to Drupal 6.0 and my time in irc's ... And post drinking will install D6 and play a little.More on Drupal 6 soon as I am lucky enough to taste it as part of my job.

BTW for a comprehensive and more authentic gene story of drupal 6 read Drupal 6 released

No comments: